IS FLYING REALLY JUST FOR BIRDS

IS FLYING REALLY JUST FOR BIRDS
BUT, I DON'T HAVE ANY WINGS.

THE WAY TO PERFECT PEACE

THOUS WILT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE: BECAUSE HE TRUSTETH IN THEE. Isaiah 26:3

Monday, May 16, 2011

I AM GETTING READY TO BE A BIRD

IS FLYING REALLY JUST FOR BIRDS





Today, I am beginning a journey. This journey will take me from being terrified of flying in an air plane to being in a plane taking off and getting to my destination without knocking a hole in the plane and jumping out. I am terrified of flying!! BUT I WILL FLY, with God's help and your prayers for me!!

My husband and I will have our 50th wedding anniversary next March 18,2013. Jim has always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska. It has always been out of the question because he would not leave me and go alone and I get sick just thinking about flying. Flying in an airplane high above the world over oceans and I can't even swim. For me to even think of doing such a thing would start my heart to beating faster than fast, my palms get sweaty, I start shaking, No, I want think about it. I can see a thousand way that we will crash! If humans,Of which I am most certainly one, were meant to fly, then God would have given us wings! I have always believed this with my whole heart.

But through the years, I have seen the yearning in my husband's eyes grow, when others would talk about taking this cruise. Oh, it not the cruise that is the problem, well, not all the problem. The problem is getting on the airplane to begin. I really thought it would never be possible for me to even contemplate such a foolish adventure. But lately my mind has taken a turn to a place, I would not have thought possible or expected. Maybe with lots of prayers and determination, I would be able to do this for my dear Jim. I don't even care about having a good time, I just, this once want him to do what he has wanted to do for so long. I want with all my heart for him to have his Alaskan cruise.

So, tonight, I made up my mind, that if I can get all of you to pray for me and most of all, if God will give me the courage and grace to do this thing.....then I will do my best even more than my best.So, I am asking you all to pray for me from this moment on til we leave on Jim's Alaskan Cruise. And please God, help me to do this for the one you gave me.The one who has made so many sacrifices for me in his 49 years of being my husband.Please God, help me.connie

No comments: